1. Collected Information
In order to process your order, you must provide us with certain information. This includes your name, email address, postal address, payment information and information about the product you are ordering. You also have the option to provide me with other personal information (for example, for a custom-made product) if you contact me directly.
2. Reason for Data Collection
We refer to a number of legal bases for the collection, use and disclosure of your data. Namely:
- to the extent that we need your information to provide our services, for example, to process your order, resolve conflicts or provide customer support;
- if you have given your express consent (which you can revoke at any time), for example by subscribing to our newsletter distribution list;
- if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with legal claims, such as the need to retain information about your purchases under tax laws;
- to the extent necessary for the purposes of my legitimate interests – provided these legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests – for example 1. to provide and improve my services I will use your information to provide the services you have requested from me and in my legitimate interest in improving my services; and 2. to comply with rules and regulations.
3. Sharing and Disclosing Information
Customer data is important for our business. We only release your personal data for specific reasons and under very specific circumstances, as follows:
- Service Providers: We contract with certain trusted third party service providers to perform tasks and provide services for our store, such as parcel services. We share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers: If we sell our business or merge with another, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with Laws: We may collect, use, retain and disclose your information if we believe in good faith that such action is appropriate and necessary to: 1. respond to legal process or governmental requests; 2. enforce my contracts, terms and policies; 3. prevent, investigate and remedy fraud and other illegal activities, security or technical problems; or 4. protect the rights, property or safety of my customers or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfer of Personal Data to Countries Outside the EU
The Anna Iris Shop is hosted in Switzerland. Your data resides on servers in Switzerland. In order to process your order, some of your personal information is processed in the USA (e.g. by using PayPal) and other countries. Therefore, we may transfer your personal data to countries whose laws on data protection and regulatory supervision differ from the corresponding laws in your country. If we are likely to transfer information about you to countries outside of the EU, we rely on the EU-US Data Protection Act.
6. Your Rights
If you live in certain regions, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. Some of these rights apply generally and some only in specific cases. These rights are described below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and obtain a copy of the personal data I hold about you by contacting me at the contact information below.
- Amendment, restriction, deletion: You may also have the right to amend your personal data, restrict my use of that data, or delete it. Except in exceptional circumstances (such as when I need to store data for legal reasons), I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Objection: You may object 1. that I process some of your data with regard to my legitimate interests and 2. that you receive marketing messages from me after you have given your express prior consent. In such cases, I will delete your personal data unless I can provide convincing reasons worthy of protection for their further use or unless it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Complaint: If you live in the EU and wish to raise concerns about my use of your data, without prejudice to any other rights you may have, you are entitled to raise these concerns with your local data protection authority.
7. Contact Information
Anna Tobler (shop owner)
Last change: August 1, 2020